Call for Awards Nominations
Each year the Arizona Art Education Association through the awards program seeks to recognize and honor outstanding member-colleagues and non-member advocates. AAEA awards acknowledge those often unsung individuals whose continued hard work and dedication promote and bring distinction to the field of art education.
This call is for AAEA members to nominate those individuals in Arizona who make a positive difference for the visual arts in schools and other institutions. The process is simple.
To nominate, all you need to do is:
- Write a letter of nomination that explains why and how the individual teacher, student, administrator, or other supporter deserves to be recognized with an AAEA award. Save this letter as a PDF file and submit with the Nomination Form.
- Complete the Award Nomination Form online before June 30th. Nominations received June 30th cannot be considered.
All nominees will be notified and are required to submit the following:
- Two letters of recommendation (in addition to the letter submitted by the nominator).
- A high resolution (300 dpi) publication-quality photo.
- Complete the Award Nominee Information Form online (includes AAEA standardized Vita Form) before July 31st.
All materials from the nominee must be submitted to the Awards Chair on or before July 31. Complete nomination packets will be sent to a review committee that will use rubrics to score the submissions. View the NAEA Awards Program Rubrics.
Winners of awards will be notified prior to the annual AAEA conference. A high resolution professional photograph will be requested at that time.
Submit a Nomination
Categories for Nomination
Here are some of the available categories for nomination:
- Arizona Art Educator of the Year
- Retired Art Educator Award
- New Professional Art Educator Award
- Emerging Leadership Award
- Outstanding Art Educator, Elementary School
- Outstanding Art Educator, Middle School/Junior High
- Outstanding Art Educator, Senior High School
- Outstanding Art Educator, Higher Education
- Outstanding Art Educator, Supervision/Administration
- Outstanding Art Educator, Museum Education
- Student Achievement Award, Secondary (High School)
- Student Achievement Award, Higher Education (College)
- Distinguished Service (Outside the Profession)
- National Art Honor Society Sponsor Award
- Higher Education Student Chapter Sponsor
- Marion Quinn Dix Leadership Award
- J Eugene Grigsby, Jr. Award
- Art Advocate
For information on each award, visit the NAEA Awards page and click on the Awards Program Booklet link.
Contact the AAEA Awards Chair at email@example.com.